Friday, September 11, 2009

post 8: Black, white & grey

**Martko Sits on his balcony overlooking the ktox building. Rain thunders down onto the streets below, he looks out over the dull grey city, he closes his eyes as the bell from the church is heard in the distance**


“WELCOME TO TOXIA CITY” I remember it like it was yesterday, the fat ferry captain ringing out our arrival to the island, I remember holding the picture of my wife and daughter in my hand and hesitating at the top of the ramp. I remember taking my first breathes of toxian air, I remember walking the streets, I remember the thumping beat of the haven and I remember her voice... “Hello...” that’s all it took I stopped and turned around and there she was, Pestilence Magic, white hair, killer smile and kind as anything you like. She showed me around, she made me feel welcome. A lot of things happened to me when I first arrived, my daughters birthday came about and I tried to kill myself. Dark times, I felt strangled she was there for me through all of this, and she knows how I feel, she is the ONLY shadow id lay my life down for. The ONLY Shadow.


Dear Diary,


I awoke today to hear commotion in the street, something was happening between the Ryders and the prowlers, I jumped down and listen in, nothing interesting happens apart from picket threatening Quiet, so I decide to go for a nap. I lay my head onto my pillow and drift away to the land of nod. My dreams are vivid nowadays, being held on my knees as the gang; beat my wife and daughter to death in front of me. The helplessness, the rage, what if this … what if that… IF I had, had the powers of the lycan the evening would have gone differently.. My dreams are black and white, like a macabre old Hollywood movie. I dream about Cramps, being strapped to a table, something forced into my mouth, being hit over and over with electricity, the sick twisted nurse who like to ‘play’ with kittens during this. My dreams are vivid diary, so vivid I wake up screaming. After another nap I get up and decide to clear my head with a walk,


I walk through the city and find Dee by the Ryders garage, she looks pale I ask her whats up and she says she hasn’t fed for days, I asked her if she wanted to feed and she accepts the offer I let her feed and then go on my way.


Upon arriving at the church Jules and Tora are there, jules starts talking about how Pieter was trying to get into her head, I tell her when he does that to focus on something else, then I start singing I need a hero by Bonnie Tyler. She gets uncomfortable when I start dancing with Tora and leaves, me and Tora continue to dance and have fun, Pix arrives, then Blue and then finally Pieter. He talks to pix about her rape in the pit, and how he and blue watched on. Blueray … Again... I can’t go a fucking day with out seeing her, ive decided im going to make a conscious effort to not see or speak to her tomorrow, i offer them drinks and food, they decline saying were retarded, yeah were retarded they’re the ones that keep coming over to start stuff with us. I really don’t understand Blueray Darkes, but quite frankly, I don’t care, she stays out of my hair, ill stay out of hers, but I feel something will come to pass between us, Gaia mentioned something to me when I was in reverie with her, she said ‘Be Careful of the Cyber Blueray Martko…’ Cryptic as ever … she knows whats coming and it pisses me off sometimes that she doesn’t tell me so I know. But Whatever I do as im told.


But tomorrow is Friday and the start of the weekend, who knows that tomorrow will bring eh?

No comments:

Post a Comment